Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 20-06-2019, 23:01   #3573
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
nothing at all we will see if Boris lets all your brexiteers down which i think he will
BoJo may well be the grinch that betrays Brexit. He's not a fundamentalist Brexiter in the way that Raab is, he sees Brexit (correctly in my opinion) as his route to No.10

Meanwhile, a reminder that the EU member states don't have much patience left.
Quote:
Speaking as the contest to replace Theresa May reached a crucial stage, Leo Varadkar said on Thursday he believed leaders would only grant Britain a delay to its October 31 exit date in order to hold a general election or a second referendum.
He added that any bid to revise the terms of Mrs May’s deal would fail, remarks that suggest the EU is closing ranks ahead of a possible attempt to renegotiate the exit treaty by Boris Johnson or another new UK prime minister.
Mr Varadkar made his comments after meetings with the EU’s centre-right leaders and Michel Barnier, the bloc’s Brexit negotiator. “There’s very much a strong view across the EU that there shouldn’t be any more extensions [to the October 31 date],” he said. “While I have endless patience, some of my colleagues have lost patience quite frankly with the UK, and there is enormous hostility to any further extension.”
The Irish prime minister said Britain would not be granted more time for further negotiations or further House of Commons vote on different Brexit options, adding “the time for that has long since passed.”
https://www.ft.com/content/58561858-...1-2b1d33ac3271