View Single Post
Old 20-04-2021, 16:59   #133
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

True, Chris, and as a result, the public is getting more and more used to accessing their programmes via VOD.

There have been a number of articles about this recently, demonstrating that an increasing number of people are now viewing VOD rather than the normal channels. As they do so, the old ways of viewing will appear increasingly inflexible and time-wasting. It’s very drip-drip, but once that message gets through and people get used to viewing in this way, it will takeoff. People in their 40s and 50s are currently getting the nudge from their children, too.

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
And he's also not grasped that despite shifts in viewing habits people still, in their millions, watch linear, broadcast television.

He can write persistently about the success of streaming but he's the only person who sees the world in such a binary manner.

People are streaming old Line of Duty because the new one is coming on, not the other way around. Broadcast television serves as a prompt for people to revisit, to nudge their friends to watch it for the first time, etc.
I think you will find that I have acknowledged that, jfman, on many occasions, too. That’s why my projection is for 2035, not 2025, and certainly not now. I’m looking at the trend. You are just looking at the present.