View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 22:18   #62
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
But as Hugh’s definition clarifies, it’s not recordable over IP.

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

I think what will happen is that programmes will appear on designated days, just like on other streamers. Only the live stuff will commence at a particular time later in the day.

You’ve only got to look at Amazon to see how this is likely to work.

Yes, it’s just a different method of delivery, but I have never claimed otherwise. But the way we access the content will feel very different from now.
So in other words you still think that linear TV will end, with the extremely limited exception of stuff that can’t physically be supplied any other way because it’s live. You think no broadcaster would actually choose to make any content available according to a strict linear schedule.

Or am I misunderstanding you again? Perhaps put it this way: do you or do you not think that Eastenders and Coronation Street will continue to be made available at a set time each weekday evening?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote