View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 22:42   #46
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
There’s no contradiction. The pre-recorded programmes would be on demand and the live programmes would be streamed. Obviously, each live stream would start when the live action started (as it does now on Amazon).

The use of the word ‘linear’ was meant to refer to our traditional TV channels. It was widely described in this way on the internet at that time. Unfortunately, I didn’t bargain for all the nit-picking that would result from this on the forum. Silly me.

Anyway, let’s move on. All of that was five years ago. Time to get over it. It’s much more interesting to talk about various scenarios that may transpire in the coming years.

Except for those who cannot bear the thought that all those channel numbers might actually disappear over the next decade or so and don’t want to even try to imagine that.

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

Baiting again, jfman?
But that isn’t what we are saying - we are saying there will still be (delivered by IPTV, DTT, or whatever) a regular schedule of programmes, running throughout the morning, day, and evening, running on after each other, just like now - there may not be as many channels as now, but there will a reasonable number.

That is completely different from "The pre-recorded programmes would be on demand and the live programmes would be streamed. Obviously, each live stream would start when the live action started".

I think they will co-exist, not be mutually exclusive...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote