View Single Post
Old 27-06-2004, 16:21   #5
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age
Re: Paying too much for calls?

18866 is about the lowest "per minute" tariff around - though for certain international destinations, they may occasionally be beaten by the likes of telestunt

I was looking for a guide I saw somewhere, that suggested using a mix of TalkTalk (for the off peak, 70 minute lark), by CPS, and 18866 (prefix) for peak time... not sure if you have to use a CPS escape prefix before you use another prefix.

If BT are allowed, and apparently Ofcom are still looking into it, to force all stanadrd rate customers onto option 1, then a relatively simple way of getting better rates, would be to use the option one for off-peak, longer calls, and put everything else through 18866.

There's got to be a market for a USER PROGRAMMABLE smartbox - I wonder if there's any way to hack the smartgem's that we have (BT line and NTL line here - having got used to the extra line, didn't really want to drop the BT line after moving from NTL dialup to broadband)
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote