Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2021, 22:34   #2970
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
How would it generate more money, when new variant needing new vaccine = another vaccine = more money?
You're assuming the only way to make money is a straight sales Vs costs of production. As stock markets are shall we say, speculative, there's the possibility for some who make the right decisions (wink wink) at the right time (obviously by chance) to make money on both hyped up sales of an inferior product short term and a quality product longer term. These aren't mutually exclusive.

I should point out I don't believe this is actually happening - I merely objected of scepticism of "they would say that, wouldn't they" as a prospective response. These are the reasons scientific evidence gets continually peer reviewed and rebutted.

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Yup, if you don't have the jab you don't get on the jet....
I do welcome this and as I've said before if offered a vaccine I'd take it.

The most at risk person closest to me should get theirs next month and it'll be a huge sigh of relief from me and I hope the vaccines hold up against new strains. It doesn't mean I'll be blindly optimistic though. If I've learned anything in this pandemic it's that blind optimism is extremely flawed and liable to end in disappointment.