View Single Post
Old 01-12-2003, 20:09   #54
gt94sss2
cf.member

gt94sss2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Want ADSL?-Read on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwesome
Before i switched to the other side i could only check that the local BT exchange was adsl compatable by typing in my postcode This method is only 80-90% accurate (typing a phone number is more accurate) the reply i saw said :
"Good news! The checker indicates that ADSL Broadband is available in your area and that the preliminary check on your postcode suggests that you should be able to receive ADSL Broadband services at speeds from 512kilobits per second to 2Megabits per second downstream and 256kilobits per second upstream"
i guess when typing in a phone number will bring up something different?
Actually the message is almost identical!

Though it is more accurate as they can give you an idea of your own line rather than just a guess based on your postcode.

Quote:
I guess Bulldog must have a special arrangement with BT as no other adsl isp offer the same service packages.
Other ISP's could offer it if they wanted but Bulldog's business model is a bit different.

In their view they are mainly a "business" ISP - thus they have loads of spare bandwidth and can afford "cheap" off peak tariffs for residentail customers - thats the theory anyway.
gt94sss2 is offline   Reply With Quote