View Single Post
Old 21-12-2017, 21:57   #4944
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Today I have never experienced a more unpleasant procedure and to matters worse they could not carry it out due to my reaction and fear. My discharge form states sedation has no affect on patient

I felt the nurses were great but the guy doing it had no bed side manner at all thus making me worse, I felt he was extremely obnoxious and in general did not consider me the patient at all, in fact he only made it worse. I did ask if they could try again and give me more sedation in where he quickly replied NO.

This is my first bad experience and hope it's my last.
Sorry to hear that. From what I know is that it varies from hospital to hospital and if they have recovery beds or not for that type of procedure as to when it comes to sedation. I know my hospital only gives you about 2 -5mg of Diazepam which will not sedate you enough so they don't need recovery rooms so most tend to go for the horrible spray.

If it weren't for the prep I'd take a colonoscopy over an gastroscopy every time but everyone is different. If you have a colonoscopy due any time soon you could ask for it to be done at the same time as then you'd be given the proper type of sedation which is what I had done for my first one. Or see your GP and ask for Diazepam yourself and take 10-15mg 20-30mins before you in.

I'm quite a nervous patient myself and I hate it when they don't take this into account. I remember once having a meeting with a surgeon about an op and I asked a simple question and he couldn't be bothered to answer it other than saying 'I wouldn't know till I have your bowels on the table next you to will I'. I didn't take the op after that.