View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 03:39   #4815
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Wonder Woman is really really good and I strongly recommend it. I have been racking my brains big time on the way back from the cinema trying to decide how to score it. In terms of how impressed I was I really wanted to give it an 8/10 but then when I started to put it along side Marvel films I realised it was missing a little something.

It knocks the socks off all the other DC movies big time and Gal Gadot's performance is superb. The conviction and innocence she brings to the characters is amazing and she literally makes the film what it is and it is for this reason I wanted to score it so highly.

I have never seen the tv series so I knew nothing of the story or character and when I saw the trailers for the movie I was worried it was going to be a Captain America rip off (I don't know which one came first). The story is definitely different enough that it can stand on its own as this is more mythological and has gods in it which is interesting. The only reason I can't give it an 8/10 is because Marval always manage to strike the perfect balance between the drama and serious story line and yet slip in some genuinely hilarious comedic moments. They try it in Wonder Woman and it doesn't really work. I feel it deserves more than 7/10 though so it is going to get a solid 7.5/10 and I am definitely going to see it a few more times at the cinema.

Quite sadly though (for Wonder Woman/Gal Gadot) I think DC have shot themselves in the foot. I have been to many midnight premieres for the Star Treks, Star Wars, all the Marvel movies plus more over the years and this was the least busy I have been to. There were three 2d performances and two 3d performances scheduled for midnight and they consolidated them to one screen each. There were only 7 people including myself in the 3d showing and about 100 in the 2d apparently. I hope it isn't a sign of things to come because this film is well worth the watch. Poor ticket sales might give DC a kick up the ass and teach them a lesson on how to do things properly (i.e. you don't do ensemble cast movies before the origin stories) but I really hope they do a second movie in the present.

One little gripe as DC is obviously playing catch up.; they are once again copying Marvel and have done their own 3D logo at the beginning of the film with the DC universe characters on it. It loses its impact because you look at it and think "you have copied Marvel and the Marvel one is better".

for Gal Gadot
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote