View Single Post
Old 17-10-2021, 19:58   #25
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Is the cassette tape making a return?

I bought an album last year on Cassette. No player but was released as a collectors edition so as its a band I love I had to buy it.

It was Biffy Clyro - A Celebration of Endings

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Yes there are some amazing quality turntables these days but everytime you are playing vinyl you are damaging it.
And unless you can afford a laser vinyl player (yes they do exist) then it will still wear out the vinyl.

One thing people like with vinyl is often the warmer sound. Or I would argue a bit more muffled sound. Digital mixing can often be a little too strict and harsh.
Equally you also get older recordings with more highlighted instruments whilst when processing music for digital mediums everything is often flattened out evenely so your slightly higher volume of drums in the band that you hear on vinyl may not be as loud on a ditgital recording.
I've still got a large number of my parents vinyl from the 60s and 70s and they still sound great. Not damaged at all after decades of play.