Thread: 500M 500mb Question
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2019, 11:10   #184
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: 500mb Question

We just got back from a 2-week holiday in Keffalania. I'm so impressed with the unlimited mobile data sim element of the 500Mb Ooomph package.

As expected, our WiFi access was typically limited for a location on Keffalania, but we had excellent 4G over the whole Island, unless we were in a cave or below a cliff with no view of the 4G transmitters. Download speed was up to 50Mb and never below 20Mb. Upstream was between 5Mb and 12Mb. The connection in speed tests appeared to be routed to VM in the UK. Does this explain why my access to bandwidth was so good?

The best bit was the unlimited data feature. I set my Galaxy S10+ to be a mobile hotspot. This was accessed by my wife's phone, our 18-year old twins' phones and a laptop. Data usage throughout the holiday was 187.2Gb, due mostly to photo transfers and the twins steaming video, via Amazon, Netflix and YouTube. Fantastic! Not a penny to pay and no breaks in service as we travelled around the island. The only drawback was that my phone needed to be near the twins or there was hell to pay!

We're crossing fingers that our data roaming rights throughout the EU do not cease after midnight 31st October!
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote