View Single Post
Old 25-06-2018, 15:46   #3205
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas View Post
When May was given the option of leaving NI in the CU to avoid a hard border, she said that would likely infringe upon UK sovereignty / might lead to a different differential deal for different parts of the union that not only angered the Scottish nationalists but apparently could risk the Union altogether ; now you are suggesting giving specific membership to NI in regards to the WTO and apparently that is not an issue of UK sovereignty / going to anger the SNP etc???

How is that possible - without involving an analogy of having cake, eating it too - drinking milk with it and having honey etc. I want to hear this....I can't wait.
Well, the idea of having NI become a member of the WTO in its own right and then choosing to mirror the EU customs regime was an idea put forward by Lamy, not me. The acceptable solution, no doubt, will be found from bringing together ideas from different solutions that are put forward. There are ideas out there - they just need to be brought together into something that is acceptable.

To my mind, the 'maximum facilitation' idea that has been put forward by the UK has considerable merit.