View Single Post
Old 26-09-2018, 18:16   #2271
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post
Don't know if this has been mentioned or not! From the "Customer News" section on the V6 box (Home>Help&Settings>Help>Customer News>HD as Standard recordings &...):

" We want you to enjoy your favourite TV at its best, so we're swapping some of your standard definition channels for their high definition versions.

This means you'll lose some standard definition channels from your TV guide, but they'll be replaced with their better looking counterparts.

In some cases you might lose your standard definition recordings after 3 months if they were taken from a channel that is now "vacant".

You might also have to adjust your Series Link for these channels (if you use them) or switch to using Series Link+ to make sure you're getting episodes from all available channels.

Plus, don't forget that recorded HD programmes will take up more space on your TV Box."
Really not sure what I think about this. Yes of course 90% of the time I record in HD given the choice, but particularly if you have extended holiday it can be useful to have the option of dropping series-links to SD to increase storage space.

A couple of years ago I was abroad for 6weeks over christmas, and dropping everything except serial drama & natural-history stuff to SD made the difference between an overflowing box and "getting away with it".