View Single Post
Old 27-02-2008, 21:46   #262
none
Inactive

none is just really nicenone is just really nicenone is just really nicenone is just really nicenone is just really nicenone is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media Ad Deal [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

Quote:
Unfortunately it is no better than when I tried it years ago as it took 63 seconds to get to and load cable forum's site. I tried loads of other sites and decided, whilst I still had hair left, that I cannot live with surfing speeds which are almost as slow as when I used a ridiculously slow dial up modem (V21 = 300 b\sec) with the first Mosaic browser
I feel your pain, 63 seconds to load this page is pretty ugly, though I must admit its not actually all that bad here. This board seems to load almost as quick with TOR enabled as without, so I guess it all depends on the luck of the circuit thats made at the time of connection. Some circuits will be better/quicker than others. Just pot luck.

Conversely I've had a few other pages not even load earlier today while using TOR, so its swings and round-abouts.

There is another application to try that supposedly provides web browsing anonymity - JAP. This too is a free service and might be of interest to those that are taking issue with TOR. I haven't used it myself yet as TOR seems to be pretty good at providing me the kinda service I'm looking for right now. But if anyone does give JAP a go please report back here and let us know how you get on with it. Its always nice to have options.