View Single Post
Old 27-02-2008, 20:43   #259
Traduk
Inactive

Traduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media Ad Deal [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

Thanks to the posters who gave the heads up on TOR.

I installed it today along with it's companion Privoxy plus the on\off switch add on. Unfortunately it is no better than when I tried it years ago as it took 63 seconds to get to and load cable forum's site. I tried loads of other sites and decided, whilst I still had hair left, that I cannot live with surfing speeds which are almost as slow as when I used a ridiculously slow dial up modem (V21 = 300 b\sec) with the first Mosaic browser. Switched off I was able to load the site and auto login in a fraction over 3 seconds (according to Firefox). For me it is no answer.

If anybody else has tried it and found that it just doesn't want to un-install.... it runs as a service and has to be stopped before most of it goes. The rest of the removal involves a bit of brute force and a registry clean up.