View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 20:34   #270
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What do you mean, ‘now accepted’? I have always accepted that people don’t have unlimited disposable income. Why would you think otherwise? Yet again, you are attributing an argument to me that I have never made.

The number of new subscribers will grow less fast, and eventually flatten out over time because that’s the limit of interest in the streamer.
And fall for streamers who fail to continue to offer value in an ever competitive market.

Quote:
People who can’t afford more (or any) SVOD providers will turn to AVOD providers instead, and most VOD providers will probably give us that choice over time, although Netflix has ruled out an AVOD option up until now.
I suspect many would just continue with Freeview to be fair and/or continue with the best pay-tv services that deliver value for them.

I fail to see why the average person, technologically agnostic, would have any appetite at all for ceasing to watch their existing preferences in favour as yet unidentified AVOD services.

Quote:
I read what was actually written, and that does not contradict what I think or anything I have said in any way.

How it fits in with your thoughts on the matter I’m not sure, but if you are able to make sense of it within your belief system, I’m perfectly happy with this.
It’s your dogmatic belief system, OB. I’m just watching the evolution of the television market with objectivity.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote