View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 16:32   #10231
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Not sure it is the expense - Amazon policy is not to get involved in long-term rights.

By that I mean things spread over a season - hence they like the concentrated hit of their 2 rounds of EPL matches (timed to entice new Prime members around Black Friday and Xmas).
Not entirely the case - they have picked up a Champions league package in both Italy and Germany... granted it’s only one package but each one is a 16 game package and gives them a top pick on a particular night so I don’t think they have an issue with something that lasts a season rather than considering if it adds value to a Prime membership and generate more year long subs... the current package may give them a seasonal bump but I’d bet they’d rather lock in a year... I can easily see them maybe upping the stakes and making a play for something regular like one of the Saturday or weekday rounds but maybe not much more than that.
Phunkenstein is offline   Reply With Quote