Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2019, 19:34   #35
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit(New).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I’m sticking my neck out here but on the basis of the information we now have I think we’re heading either for a 30 June extension or No Deal.

The EU will do itself no favours by agreeing a long extension and won’t do us any either. I think they will conclude its time to lance the boil, and I have a sneaking suspicion that May will actually thank them for it.
It'll probably be a 3 month extension and a no deal. They just cannot agree on anything and three months won't change that.

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I think the problem with the 30th June extension is what will our politicians, devoid of ideas for two years, come up with in the 'final' three months?

The EU have given us two options (and the ECJ a further one). Britain needs to sort out what type of Brexit it wants and select it, allowing everyone else in the EU to get on with it. The persistent arguments over "what type of Brexit" have to be resolved in some way.
Easier said than done, I think, jfman. There's no majority for any course of action as things stand. They should just let no deal happen automatically and start negotiations on the trade deal. Maybe the EU will agree to a protection period to allow trade to continue on the present basis, which will be of benefit to both sides. But I wouldn't stake my life on it.