Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2019, 19:19   #34
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Brexit(New).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I think the problem with the 30th June extension is what will our politicians, devoid of ideas for two years, come up with in the 'final' three months?

The EU have given us two options (and the ECJ a further one). Britain needs to sort out what type of Brexit it wants and select it, allowing everyone else in the EU to get on with it. The persistent arguments over "what type of Brexit" have to be resolved in some way.
The same problem exists with the long extension. May doesn’t like Brexit but I think she correctly calculates that it would be electoral suicide not to deliver it. She isn’t about to propose a second referendum or a solution that looks like EEA membership.

“No Brexit” is a bluff to get the ERG on side. I think it’s either her deal or no deal. The problem for her is I think the ERG are willing to call her bluff because they also think it’s her deal or no deal, and they want to bring about the latter.

All these machinations aside, I think the EU27 are likely to end the uncertainty for us by refusing a long extension.