Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2019, 19:14   #32
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit(New).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I’m sticking my neck out here but on the basis of the information we now have I think we’re heading either for a 30 June extension or No Deal.

The EU will do itself no favours by agreeing a long extension and won’t do us any either. I think they will conclude its time to lance the boil, and I have a sneaking suspicion that May will actually thank them for it.
I have no idea. One thing I have heard is the EU will agree a max 2-year extension but one in which we can leave at any time once an agreement is secured, subject to not vetoing anything and participating in EU elections if we're still in.

I think you're right though that if there is no sign of anything being different then they will probably pull the plug. Although thinking about it a long extension will change the dynamic since May would not survive that and nor, imo, would Parliament so an election would be very likely.