View Single Post
Old 23-02-2019, 11:01   #19
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Oscar Nominations 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
You're also unlikely to ever have a non-English language film get nominated.
I am fully expecting Roma to win best picture

Quote:
Anyway they might bring back the Most Popular Oscar next year.
I flipping hope so. It would be perfect timing for Endgame to get it in recognition of what will be the highest grossing film of the year and a tribute to the dedication and passion which has gone into the entire MCU and given joy to billions of cinema goers all around the world.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind Black Panther winning. I think there is something to be said for it's cultural impact too. It would be a biggest impact than Roma winning (although no film 'predominately not in the English language has ever won best film). I can't see who else would win, maybe A Star is Born will spring a surprise, or Green Book
Tbh I wouldn't be against either Green Book or A Star is Born winning because I enjoyed the stories in both and the acting performances. The only film I am going to be very mardy about is Roma because I just thought it was a very very bad film. The only award it should get if any (if you want it to be recognised) is best foreign language film.

Quote:
I also have a feeling Star Wars will be nominated and maybe win next year. Not so much for the film itself but like 'A Return to the King' they'll award it as a general nod towards 'Star Wars' itself. Everyone understands Lord of the Rings Best Picture Oscar was awarded to the trilogy as a whole
Each of the LOTR films were superb in their own way as each had a different tone, different supporting cast, different locations and told a different aspect to the story. I would happily have seen each one win each year but I can understand why one trilogy shouldn't monopolise the awards for three years and I was very happy to see ROTK sweep up the Oscars. I remember watching it and Peter Jackson thanking everyone in New Zealand a million times was hilarious. I would like to see the same thing happen for Star Wars next year in recognition of the entire franchise and it's cultural impact for the last 40 years.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote