View Single Post
Old 29-07-2021, 09:29   #1777
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Thing is these peanuts add up to, I see people saying well those fishermen only contribute blah or I don't care about those ex pats forced to come back because I could never do it etc but all these things represent people and there situations add up, I wonder if we'll ever say the cost isn't worth it
The legal sector employs 350,000 people in the UK so that's not peanuts by any stretch of the imagination. But as you say, all the other peanuts like small companies ending exporting or fishermen throwing in the towel all add up.

The main point of my post was however to illustrate a lever the EU has on us which is not immediately apparent to most people. There will doubtless be other levers as well.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote