Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2021, 11:15   #6569
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

I think that's an artificial question that Boris tried to answer (unsuccessfully).

Patients with Covid were ejected from hospital into care homes (provision for the group), IIRC. They're over 80 - they don't matter and we might kill a few more off in the process (the latter isn't what they said (I think), but it's what happened).

If I were PM, I would not take the callous attitude. Reasons would be on one end the slaying I'd get from everywhere when the truth came out to be at the other end that I have a duty of care to every life in the UK.

That said, there is the matter of trusting the CMO and the CSO who are the caution merchants. But the figures speak for themselves and the science behind epidemiology is well established. This, in turn, determines how you should proceed - managing vaccinations and managing NHS delivery. We were very vulnerable when there was no vaccine and NHS workers could not be protected - but that is no longer the situation.

Finally - are the 80+ lives worth more than the economy? The person on the planet Zog might say "no". The UK population and the press and the political opportunists would wish not to sacrifice the 80+ people. Which leaves us with the possibility that Boris might as well be from Zog.

So... Boris & ? DC ? Savid Javid ?

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 ----------

mixed messages from the government this morning.

Paul Scully announced on Tuesday morning that self-isolating after being told to by the app was a decision for individuals and employers.

Downing Street has dismissed suggestions from business minister Paul Scully that self-isolating when pinged by the Covid-19 app should be a matter for individuals and employers to decide.

It was “crucial” to self-isolate when told and business should be supporting employees to do so, Downing Street said.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57898328

Here's the interesting thing, Paul Sculy is correct, there's no legal requirement to self isolate when pinged by the app, it's only a legal requirement when contacted via Track & Trace