Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2021, 08:16   #6556
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Oh for goodness sake don't get your knickers in a twist, if you want to live under your stairs, then go ahead, millions of people are sick of all this crap and want to get on with their lives, at the end of the day if Covid doesn't get you something else will.

If you actually bothered to read, You'll see I've agreed that we need to remove restrictions. my issue is that we're taking a big bang approach.

Where's your source to show that millions of people are 'sick of this crap' because the polling from various news sources shows that most people are not in favour of releasing the lockdown the way that Boris has.

---------- Post added at 08:11 ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
My reaction is understandable for someone at risk. I take it you've not lost a family member to covid (yet)?

They will either meet my requirements or I will use another supplier that will.
Whether i have lost a family member or not is of no relevance to how you acted in the situation. You COULD of explained the situation and asked them to do certain things.. instead you demanded that they wear masks on your property (laughable as you have no legal right to do this)

I don't think they will care one way or another if you use another supplier, especially when you come across as an entitled brat.

---------- Post added at 08:16 ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Not true, and since corrected.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...lance-12359317

Then again, as the vast majority get vaccinated, a percentage of those still ill will of course be people who have been vaccinated.

Its not 100% effective and no one has ever claimed it is.
This last line makes me wonder why Boris is introducing the passports. We know that the vaccines are highly effective protecting against hospitalizations and death. but they're not so good at protecting against transmission/infection.

It's the 'other large scale events' that concerns me, there's no clear definition of what that means.