View Single Post
Old 15-02-2021, 19:27   #5486
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Update - easy to install and use (and link to Echo devices).

Terrible wifi connectivity.

Very happy with the ease of set up and usability - the set up process is simple & quick, and links easily to Echo devices.

My complaint is with the device wifi - I have 350Mb/s down & 35Mb/s up with Virgin Media, and get this speed consistently, and my house wifi is provided by 5 google mesh wifi hubs.

All my other devices get 250Mb+ (except Smart Bulbs and Smart Plugs, which get between 10 & 50Mb), but the Ring Stick Up Cam gets 1Mb - it’s only 12 foot from a Google Mesh hub, with one brick wall in between, with a RSSI reading of 74-79, which leads to a lag of a couple of seconds from when someone gets in the camera range to when we are notified.

Even when it was set it up, only 2 feet from the google mesh hub, I was only getting a RSSI of 34 - I’ve checked it’s on 2.4Ghz, so it’s not that.

Initially happy, now quite disappointed...
After Googling you're not the only person not happy, consider sending it back for a refund.

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Just bought a new Shark vacuum. The Mrs wanted one as the Dyson we have is getting on a bit and with the new house soon she decided it was time.
And you can tell her you need a PS5 for the new house too as it's only fair.