View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 08:34   #67
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: [update] Santa Fe school shooting: 10 dead and 10 wounded in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas View Post
Well, it is nothing serious anyway. Not the way that you are approaching it, anyway.

Yet you can't seem to come up with a single serious rreason for banning / restricting it.
Did you miss the "it kills large numbers of people at high speed at long range" bit?

Quote:
Okay but first you show me where I said I need one, first. (FYI I have never owned an AR - 15 when I lived in the US).

So where did I say that I needed one?

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 ----------

Okay, you said to start again, so let's. I have never said I needed one - that clear up that point for you?
Excellent, progress. You accept that you do not need one, good. I will also venture that no one else needs one either. If they do, please explain, in rational terms, the need for ownership?

Quote:
Secondly, the constitution does not give rights - the creator does. The constitution limits what the government can do.

So with that in mind, you need to figure out that the burden is not upon anyone to justify whatever their desires are, to anyone absent any restriction from the constitutional confines that we all know of. Follow?
You are wrong here. The US constitution is the supreme law defined as the will of the people. The constitution defines the legal rights, not just limits them.

Sorry, I do not "follow" ...

Quote:
As for why someone may wish to need one, why does anyone have to disclose that to you?

Their choice at the end of the day, the system works. You don't have to justify your behavior to them, they don't to you.
In a civilised society, if you want to own a weapon that has such lethal capabilities then I suggest that you do need to justify to your fellow citizens why you must have this military grade weapon.