View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 07:58   #66
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: [update] Santa Fe school shooting: 10 dead and 10 wounded in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas View Post
Well, it is nothing serious anyway. Not the way that you are approaching it, anyway.

Yet you can't seem to come up with a single serious rreason for banning / restricting it.

Okay but first you show me where I said I need one, first. (FYI I have never owned an AR - 15 when I lived in the US).

So where did I say that I needed one?

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 ----------

Okay, you said to start again, so let's. I have never said I needed one - that clear up that point for you?

Secondly, the constitution does not give rights - the creator does. The constitution limits what the government can do.

So with that in mind, you need to figure out that the burden is not upon anyone to justify whatever their desires are, to anyone absent any restriction from the constitutional confines that we all know of. Follow?

As for why someone may wish to need one, why does anyone have to disclose that to you?

Their choice at the end of the day, the system works. You don't have to justify your behavior to them, they don't to you.
a) not sure what you mean by that - could you clarify, please?

b) when schoolkids, and others, are killed and maimed on a regular basis, not sure that could be defined as a "system working" - and we forget, in this country, all those injured will often have huge medical bills arising because of these frequent mass shootings.

http://www.modernhealthcare.com/arti...NEWS/171229940
Quote:
It's also spotlighting serious gaps in insurance coverage for medical and long-term care. Hospitals in Fort Worth, Texas, Las Vegas, San Bernardino, Calif., Aurora, Colo., Orlando, Fla., Newtown, Conn. and other areas have had to help shooting victims cope with major uncovered costs. Such costs include inpatient care, follow-up surgeries and other treatments, mental healthcare, rehabilitation and skilled-nursing care, durable medical equipment, personal care, and living costs while the patients are not able to work.

The needs have been exacerbated by the proliferation of health plans with high deductibles and coinsurance requirements, leaving patients exposed to many thousands of dollars in cost-sharing. Severely injured patients needing repeat surgeries may hit their out-of-pocket spending limits multiple years in a row, forcing them into bankruptcy. On top of that, even insured patients may face big balance bills if they are treated by out-of-network providers.

"There are enormous costs involved in living with a gun injury," said Dania Palanker, an insurance expert at Georgetown University's Health Policy Institute. "For many people those costs, such as personal care support, are not considered medical care by our insurance system."
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote