View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 02:11   #65
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Services: Sky HD (2 TB / 1.5 TB MultiRoom) Sky Fiber Max
Chloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation era
Re: [update] Santa Fe school shooting: 10 dead and 10 wounded in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
whimsical: "playfully quaint or fanciful, especially in an appealing and amusing way"
Well, it is nothing serious anyway. Not the way that you are approaching it, anyway.

Quote:
I do not find the notion of banning sales of semi-automatics capable of killing people at long range in the hundreds "whimsical".
Yet you can't seem to come up with a single serious rreason for banning / restricting it.

Quote:
Well I tried. Let try a different tack: why do you *need* to own an AR-15? Not want one, need one.
Okay but first you show me where I said I need one, first. (FYI I have never owned an AR - 15 when I lived in the US).

So where did I say that I needed one?

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I get the "I just want one so I can pretend to be Rambo" argument but I have seen no-one, not least on this forum, explain why they *need* one.

I mean it is not hard, right? Just a single sentence why they need a semi-automatic, just one ... I mean if you can cite the Constitutional Amendments, you should be able to articulate why you need an AR-15.
Okay, you said to start again, so let's. I have never said I needed one - that clear up that point for you?

Secondly, the constitution does not give rights - the creator does. The constitution limits what the government can do.

So with that in mind, you need to figure out that the burden is not upon anyone to justify whatever their desires are, to anyone absent any restriction from the constitutional confines that we all know of. Follow?

As for why someone may wish to need one, why does anyone have to disclose that to you?

Their choice at the end of the day, the system works. You don't have to justify your behavior to them, they don't to you.
Chloé Palmas is offline   Reply With Quote