View Single Post
Old 23-04-2010, 22:16   #27
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
Millions of balls are lost every year
It's a far more complex equation than that though Zing.

Typical high handicap golfers, like me, will lose golf balls every round. Such typical amatuers tend to ignore that nice piece of manicured fairway and "aim" for the rough, forrest, shrubbery, etc.

No matter how luminous the manufacturers make golf balls, they are designed to be easily spotted on mown, manicured lawns rather than the deepest Tasmanian jungle I usually find myself in.

However, there is a perverse law of physics that comes into play:

"The newer the ball that is played into rough is directionally proportional to the number of older balls you find"

So on a typical round, when the rough is high and the local Haggis are hungry, I will break open a new box of 6 balls and lose them all. I will return to the clubhouse with far more balls than I started, some will be fairly new and some will be stuffed with feathers.

If I wasn't so tired I might be able to use that information to disprove Hom3r's statement and instead offer the prophesis that Saturn, and it's moons, can fit inside a dunlop 65 golf ball.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote