Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2020, 09:38   #1203
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Yes that's right. I want a vaccine that has no ability to induce an auto-immune response. I'll have to check with my GP about all that.

It seems that the Oxford vaccine meets my requirement. The Pfizer vaccine seems to have seriously active components being RNA based.

Useful comparison is at https://www.expressandstar.com/news/...er-to-pfizers/.
The Oxford vaccine is DNA based however. Gut feeling with out evidence makes me more comfortable to the mRNA vaccines than the AZ/Oxford vaccine for two reasons;
  • mRNA has a shorter half life in the cell (minutes to hours) compared with adenoviral DNA so the vaccine gets in, does its job and is gone
  • The mRNA vaccines are synthetic rather than being based on live virus. I know primate adenovirus shouldn't affect humans but there's a small worry in the back of the head on this

Based on nothing of course and if the only option were adenoviral vaccines like the AZ/Oxford one then jab me up but if I had a choice, I would prefer the BioNTech/Pfizer one