View Single Post
Old 24-07-2008, 23:12   #12684
lucevans
Inactive

lucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by warescouse View Post
As I briefly mentioned in post #12585 I suspect there is something a little fishy with Virgin Media's relationship with phorm/webwise and I think while we are waiting for BT news we could attempt to find out the bigger picture of what Virgin Media has also been up to via the FOI act.

Any idea's for good precise questions we should ask for a starter for 10?
Unfortunately, the freedom of information act only applies to public bodies. Private companies are under no obligation to disclose anything they don't want to unless ordered to do so by a court or their particular industry regulator. Somehow, I don't think Virgin Media is going to volunteer any information to the public domain on the subject of it's involvement with Phorm...

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter N View Post
It became questionable as soon as the suggestion was made on a public forum that members of that forum should "pretend". As a suggestion that anyone who speaks to operators should swap note there is no problem.

You have to be very careful about what you post on a forum that we know is being watched and which is a matter of public record.

Stick to doing everything in an open, honest way and we keep the high ground.

{thinks: anyone reading this post might think I was Pro-Phorm. I'M NOT.}