View Single Post
Old 20-10-2011, 16:16   #59
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I agree with you , however the Lovefilm , and possible launch of Netflix in the UK could prove interesting if the inquiry into movies bears fruit allowing both companies to launch subscription movie streaming services on Youview and other connected devices.

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

Sky Go on Android

http://www.advanced-television.com/i...go-on-android/
I'm always sceptical of what Netflix/Lovefilm can actually do.

Its tough to pay big money to beat Sky only then to have to rely on individuals paying bit by bit for the service. And then there is the fact that Sky and VM, Atlantic aside, seems to be having a bit of a love in. First VM sell Sky channels that are Freeview and Sky gets rid of them to weaken Freeview and then lots of movies appear on VM platform for Sky on demand.

For the hardcore tv enthusiast, pay tv is much stronger on both platforms than it was a year ago. Youview has a hell of a job convincing anyone that it can compete with Sky's offering (which has effectively grown by VM's customer base over the last week as Vm subscribers have on demand for premium too).

But I guess only time will tell as Youview probably has a couple of tricks up its sleeve.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote