View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 01:33   #10
mark777
Inactive

Services: 0.4 Mbps BB + Phone
mark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Phorm Public Meeting - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial View Post
I like the idea but I can just see the headlines the next day "Anonymous hijacks privacy debate", "Internet hackers fight for their privacy". I think the talk will be against Phorm anyway, we don't need masks.
I agree. People need to go as suited professionals. You argue with logic, the law and expertise. You show you are not just a marginalised geek.

Phorm would love for 'the other side' to be grouped with anti-globalists dressed up as beagles.

If people do not go along as concerned professionals, you can wave the whole campaign goodbye.

---------- Post added at 00:33 ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 23:58 ----------

I'm not so certain that it's a good idea for this thread to be split from the main one. There are plenty of people who can't get to the meeting, but would like to be involved in the discussions about it.

We dont have seperate threads for RIPA or ICO etc.

It might be a good idea to have a thread about anouncements regarding the meeting. i.e. where to meet up etc., perhaps a temporary 'sticky' if the mods would agree?

But I do think the discussion for all this should be kept in one place.
mark777 is offline   Reply With Quote