View Single Post
Old 28-05-2020, 21:51   #74
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Liberty Global in talks to merge Virgin Media with O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I disagree. Branding has nothing to do with whether the company is a result of a merger or JV. The parent cos will agree what branding the JV will use - they probably have already.

Using different brands by one company can in some cases be confusing and I see no benefit in retaining both brands post merger. Why pay Richard Branson money to use the Virgin brand when there will be another choice?

Perhaps there may even be a new brand altogether.
Well, I’m going on previous examples. Vodafone/ Ziggo was LG’s first foray into this kind of thing, two strong brands, that they decided to keep.

Virgin is still an iconic sought after brand, and although we have to grease Ricardos palm, I don’t see them ditching it............................unless of course, ditching Richards money is one of the synergy savings identified? Who knows?