Thread: Bread recipes
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2022, 11:28   #12
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Bread recipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
After tasting several recipes made in bread machines, I decided to stay with hand-made bread, chilled overnight after being knocked-back and shaped.

An hour out of the fridge the next day, or even 2 days later, and it's ready for the hot oven.

And don't trust dried yeast by adding it directly to the mix. I have had several packs and tubs, still well within use-by date, that failed to come alive. As a result, I start the yeast off in tepid water with a little sugar to confirm it will activate.
The whole point of a bread machine is that people who don’t have time to do all that can still have fresh bread in the morning.

And in all the 15 years I ran my Panasonic I never once had a fail, despite using only dried, fast-action yeast in the recipe.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote