View Single Post
Old 22-06-2012, 15:25   #211
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Re: Child grooming gang found guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Do you not accept there was not at least an element of race in this considering none of the gang members were white?
The original feelings and arguments was that this had to be a race crime because all the victims were white. I'm simply pointing out that it has now been proven that not all the victims were white. My argument all along has been that these scumbags preyed on vunerable girls.

Yes all the gang members were asian (from similar if not the same community background) but I do not think they were racially motivated in their choice of targets. I would say that they probably white girls (or non asian girls) were seen as an easier target because they could be exploited with drink, drugs, or because they came from worse backgrounds. Rochdale has a big asian population that is mainly muslim so maybe they were less vunerable to be exploited by alcohol and drugs. This is slightly different from picking girls simply because they were white.

I also do not think that this asian victim is the only asian girl they raped. I think others will not come out due to the cultural pressures that they might feel they will be under.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote