View Single Post
Old 27-11-2020, 14:14   #1546
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Where in that article does it say anything about Channel 4 ‘going’ anywhere?

4 is a public service broadcast channel, and the company that runs it is state owned.regardless of where they see future *growth* in their overall business, Channel 4 itself will continue to exist, has the same hours to fulfill and the same legal obligations as to what it fills those hours with.
It’s going to have to jump out and bite you in the bum before you actually acknowledge where all this is going.

Firstly, the first paragraph says:

‘Channel 4 has said it no longer sees its future in traditional television channels, in a decision that could spell the end for some documentaries and other programmes that do not attract younger online audiences.’

You say the channel is a public service broadcaster. So what? Not only can they provide free streaming services through Freeview, but the government is looking to sell off the channel. Additionally, they are also reviewing whether ‘public service broadcasting’ is relevant today, and if so, what it should embrace.

I accept completely that the channel is not closing down tomorrow, but the process might not take as long as I originally envisaged.

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Considering Channel 4 have a 20 years plan i highly doubt they're going anywhere will check Monday though when we're back in work but nothing about Channel 4 closing has ever been mentioned or even been on our systems.

Are you on about more4? As that has a question mark on it.
I think it is pretty clear that Channel 4 will migrate to streaming. I never said the company would be closing. The content will still be there.