View Single Post
Old 25-10-2020, 08:46   #10125
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
The actual football fan is getting a discount - £15 for a match they would have paid £40+ to go and see if the stadium was open.

The only people complaining are those who were never going to see the game in the first place - and now have a chance to at £15.

The real "bad guys" in this are those on the field taking massive wages for little more than three hours work a week - on a busy week.

Maybe it is them that should be giving something back to the fans?
Ah the old ‘actual fans go to games’ chestnut. I think you’ll find with TV revenue dwarfing ticket revenue (sometimes even including the prawn sandwich brigade up in hospitality) that TV viewers bring more to the table financially.

I’m all for a tax system that makes the super wealthy pay more but I fail to see why footballers get singled out over TV/movie stars, bankers and FTSE 100 CEOs.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote