View Single Post
Old 21-06-2022, 09:54   #22
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: RMT announce Rail strikes are on for this week

I used to work in the NHS, poor pay but safe job, great pension, pay increments as well as pay rises, some perks offered by companies to NHS staff and the knowledge you were helping people.
Now they've mucked up the pensions and many other factors that make the lower pay more of a burden. I know people in healthcare now who are fed up but still love their jobs and taking care of people, even if indirectly (IT etc).
But I can't believe all the wastage that was present when I was in the NHS has all been got rid of, it's the same as always, if something needs doing employ more admin types to form a committee and never actually get anything done.

At the moment though we are in an inflationary cycle and if wages are kept in control that will cause things to cycle upwards even faster. I don't know how it can be done, especially with fuel price rises, but we need to keep costs down, including wages, and to protect the lower paid and less well off without so impacting the middle classes that they stop the spending they can make. (The very rich will always find a way to be OK.)