View Single Post
Old 20-06-2022, 22:13   #16
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: RMT announce Rail strikes are on for this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
My heart doesn’t bleed for them. They want to try working in the Healthcare industry as it is now, utterly decimated, far harder job for significantly less pay and we can’t strike for obvious reasons.
That is also unfair though and they're taking more advantage of you because you can't strike as easily. Why shouldn't you get a better pay rise after years of below-inflation pay rises, being on the front line of COVID and now having to contend with even further inflation?

I don't know much about the issue RMT has. I guess it's the point of a union to get their members better terms and conditions. Stike action is penalising some of those who can't work from home though and those tend to be people on lower-paid (retail workers, cleaners, manual workers and so on).

Not sure if it's connected but I do know the Government has been playing games with TFL's budget. TFL is obviously underwater after COVID and they keep doing emergency budgets.

Last edited by Damien; 20-06-2022 at 22:23.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote