View Single Post
Old 20-06-2022, 20:18   #12
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: RMT announce Rail strikes are on for this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You are amazing, Mr K. The rail unions call a strike on false pretences and say the government should get involved. The RMT has already said that it will not negotiate with a Conservative government. What is more, the appropriate people for the unions to negotiate with are the employers.

The NHS workers and teachers are now threatening to take strike action alongside the rail workers and you describe them as ‘the next targets’ as if they were the victims!

The funny thing is, many people think your posts are just jokey, but sometimes I think you really believe this stuff.
https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-call...g-with-shapps/

Quote:
15 June 2022

RMT Press Office:

Rail union RMT has called for a face-to-face meeting with Transport Secretary Grant Shapps and Chancellor Rishi Sunak to avert strike action on the rail network next week.

The railways will be shut down for 3 days on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, when workers from Network Rail and 13 train operating companies take to picket lines across the country in a row over pay and job losses.

In a letter to Grant Shapps, RMT general secretary Mick Lynch says it has become clear that the Treasury is "calling the shots" and is not allowing rail employers to reach a negotiated settlement with the union.

Mr Lynch writes: "I am writing to seek an urgent meeting with the government, without any pre-conditions, to discuss the national rail disputes prior to the planned strike action next week and I would be grateful if this could be arranged without delay. As you will be aware both this year and last year, meetings have taken place under the Rail Industry Recovery Group (RIRG).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote