View Single Post
Old 18-01-2017, 22:14   #2714
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
I've had this problem or something similar. I'll link the thread from the Virginia forums. http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...s/td-p/3304223

The problem I have is both boxes keep losing connection to each other and the only way to get them reconnected is to go into the settings of the V6 and reconnect one or both of the boxes to the WiFi. Any idea how to keep them connected?

On a separate note the Hub 3 is on auto 2.4/5ghz or whatever the setting is. Is there benefits to changing them to two separate things rather than one?
Might be leading you astray here, but in the SH3 is the wi-fi set to a particular channel or is it set to auto ( if that option is available)? Back in the day when 802.11g was as good as it got I found my laptop connected to the TV would drop the network. Turned out a firmware update had left my router set to auto in the wi-fi channel and when a better channel was available it would change meaning the laptop lost it's connection while it caught up. Drove me to dispair!

Also I had great fun with multi-room streaming on the old TiVo with insufficient bandwidth or slow network response etc. Hope this isn't something that has transferred to the V6. It's a TiVo thing as not had the issue with SkyQ and the only change on the network has been the set top box at each end.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote