View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 09:03   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: I think I may need a VPN router

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONY007 View Post
I understand that I would still need to have use of my Virgin Hub 3 as the modem so are there decent VPN router/modem that will perform exceptionally that could replace the sHub completely or is that not really necessary?
You cannot replace the shub. VM requires you to use their own modem to access their network so whether you use the shub in router mode or modem mode + third party router the shub is staying. The best thing anyone can do regardless of your vpn requirements is to put the shub in modem mode and use a good third party router.
Asus routers are very good and I have got the AC68u which can also run a vpn. The want to lan throughput on the ac68u is 750mbits and on the 88u is 800mbits so in terms of futureproofing and the tiers VM is going to provide there isn't anything in it. The big difference is in the price, the 68u is £118 and the 88u is £200 so I would take a good look at the other features and see if you would really benefit from the extra £££.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote