View Single Post
Old 16-11-2017, 12:39   #3852
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Very interesting article on the back page of the latest edition of webuser. The writer recons SKY might be dead in 10 years time, he also confirmed what OB has been saying that Amazon are indeed intending to go for football rights in the UK.
His article suggests once SKY lose the football it will be the beginning of the end for SKY tv.
Me personally i don't think it'd be the end of SKY but losing the football will certainly hurt them and they would have to think greatly about their pricing structure.
I don't think it'll be the end of them either. They have 11 million TV subscribers but only around 5 million SKY Sports subscribers across all TV platforms. That means the vast majority of their TV customer base are happy to have a sport free subscription. Would they lose subscribers? Of course, probably millions of them but they'd still retain more than enough to make a non sport service viable. They'd still remain the biggest pay TV provider in the UK.... for a while.