View Single Post
Old 25-03-2020, 10:55   #2696
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Updated] The UK’s future relationship with the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Interesting point, OB. I would prefer to hold to the current deadline.
But there's more to this. Let's say that the Guvmin holds fast and let's assume that ultimately the EU is not so up itself that it wants not to have a deal. Might they not offer negotiating concessions in exchange for an extension? I'd hope that the Guvmin has this in their minds.
European (world) economies are going to take a savage beating for a good part of the year.

Only the most arrogant and stupid would put in place barriers to help these economies recover.

If the UK and EU don't come to an agreement and if there isn't an extension (I personally think there would need to be 3-6 extension), I wouldn't be surprised to see EU members take unilateral measures (whatever ones they can).