View Single Post
Old 23-03-2020, 13:18   #5062
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
A 16GB memory upgrade for my Mac Mini, as I now have to pre-record and edit material for church and it was really struggling with iMovie yesterday!

Back when I first bought this computer (secondhand) I went for the late 2012 model because it was just about the last Mac Mini Apple made with expandable memory slots. Since then they have soldered memory to the motherboard.
Same with the iPad Pros - they have to break the screen to get into the gubbins; non-maintainable.

My son's girlfriend MacBook Air battery started to bulge (it was a 2013 model, and apparently this is quite common on models over 5 years old) - it was a morsel of micturition to remove the battery and replace with a looky-likey battery; probably wouldn't be able to do that with more recent models.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote