View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 08:44   #5
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Mobile Issue(tte)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canarytops View Post
Hi everyone,
Took up the Virgin Mobile offer from ntl in mid December and everything went very smoothly for a while. I was supplied with a Lobster 544 and I had no problems until one day whilst I could hear who I was phoning they could not hear me. (Checked mute was off !). Popped into local store who reseated SIM and all seemed to be OK thereafter. In mid Jan the problem returned and having called Virgin Support via landline I was pleased to find they replaced the handset next day.
On first day phone was fine, next day had the same problem. Once again Virgin support promply sent another replacement handset. The problem recurred almost immediately. Virgin support suggested trying SIM in different handset and checking if problem persisted in different locations. Visited my mother (30 miles away) and tried calling home on the way - problem persisted. Moving SIM to Mother's (Virgin) handset all was fine. Virgin support agreed to replace the handset once again.
This arrived last friday and all was OK until yesterday. Not surprisingly Virgin are reluctant to change the handset again. I've requested a different type of handset but Virgin are requesting further tests with the latest handset as they are suggesting a "network problem". I couldn't understand whether this was different from "poor reception" and the support person wasn't able to clarify to my satisfaction.
From my non-technical viewpoint I've experience what I regard as poor reception when the signal "breaks up" and it is difficult to converse. However in my situation I have no problems hearing my caller, there is no hint of the signal breaking up, it does seem that I'm on mute ?
Does anyone know if the "explanation" is reasonable or am I being "fobbed off" ?
The problem does not appear to be solid, it occaisionally works OK for a while but eventually the problem returns. (Beginning to suspect that powering off handset may "fix" the problem know and again).
I must admit that individually the Virgin support staff have been very helpful, unfortunately I'm just not getting any further with this issue.
I've checked the T-Mobile site that shows reception for my home and this is shown as "good".
Is anyone else having the same problem ?
sorry to hear about your problems,as you state their customer care is great, i cant say the same about the lobster hand set they are crap!! i got the £10 deal but i opted to buy the phone of my choice and i have no regrets good luck with solving your problem.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote