View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 18:17   #10344
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Ahh... from my understanding, yes and no.

The autumn internationals have always had individual TV deals for each union - so RFU, WRU, SRU etc have managed their own broadcast arrangements.

As of now, that's been centralised and the Six Nations "committee" are now arranging a TV deal for the November-internationals covering all the 6 Nations.. however, I don't think it's been said anywhere that this will necessarily be the same contract as covering the 6N tournament itself.

Whilst we're clearly in the realms of rumours and leaks, TRP seem as reliable a source as any - https://twitter.com/TheRugbyPaper/st...32617573949456

If I had to place bets, I'd say Amazon & Sky both want the autumn series, while the 6N is a FTA vs Sky battle. It's probably only Amazon who are willing to have a FTA/pay model for the 6N, everyone else will want exclusivity.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote