View Single Post
Old 29-03-2021, 18:37   #1922
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
you once again make my point for me

yup, with no interference from the networks or Disney and now that it has a proven track record (like with GoT and HBO) anybody would be stupid to interfere even if they could because they know it would be to their detriment.
Only if your point has changed completely from when you said:

Quote:
I want the team to have complete autonomy and MGM can handle the distribution side of things.
On Wandavision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and everything else going forward, the studio that owns the property *is* the team making the shows. Your vision for Stargate separates the studio that owns the property (MGM) from the team making the show (Gekko Corp, or whoever).

The point of confusion here appears to be the fact that Marvel Studios is no longer an independent entity, but is owned by Disney. I'd suggest that's an irrelevance here because Disney only relatively recently acquired Marvel, which was doing just fine developing the MCU beforehand, and because Disney is not interfering in the process now either. That does not, however, make Marvel Studios equivalent to the minor production company that made Stargate SG-1.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote