View Single Post
Old 31-07-2020, 19:51   #4857
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Well done the Guvmin to do what's necessary - to the extent described above.
I'm not sure that splashing out £400m to invest in a bankrupt Florida satellite company was entirely necessary, it strikes me more as gambling with tax-payers hard-earned cash. However, I agree that nationalising the railways was necessary given the fall-off in customers.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Well they don't have the scope anymore not to react quickly. It does seem we locked down a few days, maybe a week, too late precisely because they wondered if they could manage it a bit more effectively. It's a hard judgement call but it cost them and so now they're going to react much quicker. Maybe they've overacted but if this had turned out to be the start of a major outbreak then that would look awful too.
Agreed - a bit damned if they do, damned if they don't. But I think the manner in which yesterday's northern England restrictions was conducted was not as good as it could have been.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 31-07-2020 at 20:00.